When it comes to dinner time, I like to think my favourite food is chicken, of any sort. But as of late I have really come around to tandoori chicken.
Tandoori chicken is simply what I love to cook when it comes to chicken. It used to always be BBQ chicken, but now, now it’s all tandoori.
What you’ll need for this recipe.
- Chicken drumsticks – 8-12
- Tandoori masala – as much as it takes
- Garlic – 2-3 small cloves
- Ginger – a small nub (not too much)
- Cilantro – half a bunch
- Tomato – x1
- Salt – to taste (use what you personally need)
- Tumeric – half a teaspoon
- Green pepper – 1 whole
- Onion – 1 whole
- Thai chili peppers – as many as you need
- Crushed chili flakes – 1 tablespoon
- Curry – 2 tablespoons
This recipe takes about 45 minutes in the over, prep time is about 15 minutes. Make sure you preheat to 375. Some ovens don’t hit the right temperature so make sure the chicken is thawed before cooking, and keep an eye on it as you may need to remove it.
I will always recommend taking the chicken out half way and rotating them in the container you’re cooking them in. For me, I use Corning Ware. But rotating half way is a good indication if your chicken will be done on time.
Chicken is meant to be eaten IMHO, but if you’re a vegan, or vegetarian, you can use this recipe on tofu or some other veggie based food and enjoy a nice flavourful tandoori experience. But it’s best on chicken.